Interconnectedness and Healing

Recently I have been having very vivid dreams involving people from my past. I sometimes remember the dreams, but most of the time I only remember the person/persons and the theme of the dream. The people in the dreams were people I had not thought about in ages and so I would be perplexed: Why am I dreaming about someone and the time they were in my life when I have already healed and moved on from that experience? 

At first I thought it meant I needed to reach out to these people. Unfortunately, I didn't know how. I had no email, address or phone numbers for most of them. I did do some digging and was able to contact two. One was simple - I just connected via one of the many forms of social media and networks available and when this person accepted I knew that 1. they were OK, and 2. my dreams was unfounded and there was no lingering residual anger or need of healing on their part. Whew! Relief!

The second person was not so simple. I found a way to contact them - an old email. At first no one responded so I moved on without much thought about it. Then out of the blue I got a nasty response from them. It shocked me at first because I assumed they were like me, that they had moved on with their life, had healed and were happy and did not choose to hold grudges that only served as heavy weights and burdens in their life. Then I was just sad for this person because they had obviously not been able to fully move on or they would not reacted with such hostility. I was also sad because it meant my dream about them had been accurate and I had so hoped it would not be.

I had dreamed this person was in trouble in life, struggling and not happy and the feeling from the dream was that they were in need of major healing, specifically in relation to the time they were involved with me in this life. I felt no issue with this person. In fact, when I thought of them I had only feelings of sympathy and sadness. I had not been good to this person but had come to terms with that part of me. However, I knew in my heart they had not come to terms with their own part and were carrying anger, resentment and hate in their heart. It takes a lot of energy to keep that kind of anger alive and it is such a shame to lose it on something so trivial.

After I got the response I wondered about my dreams of these people and experiences of my past. Why would I be sifting through memories, people and events that I had long come to terms with? At first I thought it must be because I had not come to terms with it, but then I felt Steven near and he whispered: Really? I knew instantly, without a doubt, that I had indeed come to terms with these people and events. So what was the point of these dreams?

That is when it came to me: We are all connected. Just because I have moved on, healed and learned from the experiences does not mean all others involved have. Everyone heals at their own pace. Some take weeks, others months or years, and still some carry issues with them from life to life. The sadness I felt and the intensely vivid dreams was me recognizing that there is one last step in the healing process for me: that these others fully accept, heal and learn as well. I cannot move on without them; they cannot move on without me.

How ironic in a way, especially for this one person who is still struggling with the past and their hate of me and, perhaps, themselves. How ironic that they are in fact a part of me, as I am of them, and that in the end, that interconnectedness and an acceptance thereof is the only way they will truly be free. It is the only way any of us will be free.

So if you are like me and have strange dreams of people and events you thought you had moved on from and healed from, it is likely that you are not the one in need of healing, but that they are and that part of you that knows you are part of them is wanting them to heal and move on, so you can, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams