Steven, where are you?

I can't find Steven.

Two nights ago I was outside sitting and taking in the cool breezes and silence and pondering over a strange feeling I have been having this week when I heard a voice say to me, "You are safe". The voice seemed to be coming from my left at first but when I focused on it more, it really just seemed to come from all around me. I was a bit worried because I thought it was a spirit just coming by to say hi and in the evenings I really prefer to have only my guides around me, it makes it simpler and less distracting. So I did as I usually do when I feel there may be more spirit around than I am comfortable with and said, "Only my guides and angels around me at this time". It always woks to say that. I again heard, "You are safe".

The feeling I have been having this week - a feeling that something is different and changing around me in the world or perhaps even closer to home - had me on edge as it was, and now hearing this new voice coming from seemingly all around me put me on alert. Who was this spirit? Where was Steven?

I asked for Steven. No answer. I looked for Steven on my right where he always tends to be. Nothing. What the heck? No wonder I am feeling things are not the same!

So I turned to my right, where I figured the voice was, but I couldn't feel the energy behind that voice in that one location. It seemed to be all around me, or maybe above me. It is hard to say. I tried to see the energy but had no success. The closest I could get to seeing was to know the energy was male.

I continued to look over the next couple of days. Maybe Steven would show himself and this strange male presence would be explained away as just a visiting spirit, not a replacement for Steven? But something told me that Steven was gone and, strangely enough, I was not upset; a bit sad perhaps but not upset. I knew the time would come where I would need guidance of a different sort. I guess that time has come.

I feel like all this change started around my birthday when the 12 came to visit and applaud me successfully making it to the age of 35. The voice that I am hearing now is familiar. It was the same voice that said to me, "Don't be afraid" when I saw the intensely white light and felt myself leaving my body.  It was the same voice I have heard countless times in my life during periods of change or transition. Of course, I always thought that voice was Steven's. But now I believe it is the voice of change. The voice of a guide who comes to help me with this change. What will that change be? I am not certain, but I believe it will be a spiritual change. Why do I believe this? Because, the times when I recall hearing that voice before, happened before major changes in my life occurred.

The first time I heard the voice it said, "Hold on". I heard it as I closed my eyes and held my breath. My car was rolling onto its top and I was terrified. But at the moment I heard the voice I felt calm and instantly gripped the wheel. In my mind the memory is in slow motion, but it all happened in only seconds. At the time, I thought the voice came from an angel. I did not look to find its source. I just knew it had come to reassure me that I would be okay. And I was okay.

That car accident was when I was 17 years old. Within a year's time I met my first husband and made some major life decisions, decisions that would shape who I am and prepare me for years of self-sacrifice and sadness. I call them my "dark years" because I have never felt so uncertain as I did then.

The next time I heard the voice was 9 years later. I was sleeping and awakened by a loud voice that said, "Get out now". I listened and within a week was on a plane back to Texas. This marked the beginning of more significant change in my life. Divorce from my first love, my first-ever teaching job, and my spontaneous spiritual awakening to my mediumship ability - all these things happened within 6 months of me hearing the voice.

So it seems to me that this voice is significant. Strangely enough, it has again been 9 years since I heard the voice tell me to "Get out now". 9 years and in those years so much change, so many good things and so many lessons learned. I hope that this time it brings with it positive change, like the last time I heard it. I specifically hope it brings about another spiritual awakening, one that brings me one step closer to answering the many questions my last awakening gave me.

So I say to this new guide (or guides as I believe there is more than one), "Hello. Nice to see you again. I am ready for whatever is to come and I am pleased to have your help once again. And this time I feel more confident than ever that I can handle these changes". Tomorrow is another day and I feel secure in knowing that my life is full of possibility and potential and that truly it will be whatever I make it.

Comments

Miriam said…
I admire you Dayna, you have such a lovely outlook on life. You put your total trust in your guides. You accept what is meant to be will be and you are so alert to these changes. Your dark days were a journey to better things and I believe you needed that period in your life to learn and grow into the wonderful person you are today. I am so pleased life has turned around for you.
I hope very soon you will be introduced to the new energy which is moving close to you and from there you will as you say, be ready for the next chapter of your spiritual journey.

Miriam xx
Dayna said…
I hope so, too, Miriam. ((hugs)))

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams