Horace

My new guide seems to be all around me, but I am noticing that I turn to my left instead of my right now. Steven seems to be gone, but maybe he isn't. Maybe he is just gone for the time being.

I keep remembering a night when I was sitting on my front porch taking in the evening silence. Out of the blue Steven said to me, "You will get a new guide soon". I looked to see if there was a guide there, but only felt a presence on my left and did not try to get to know who was there. The presence on my left disappeared soon after anyway, so I soon forgot about it. I paid little heed to what Steven told me. I have been told before about new guides. I figured this was no different. Steven was always there when the other guides came to help, so I didn't worry about him leaving. He has always been there when I look for him.

Besides, I try not to put too much importance on who my guides are or where they are. I have noticed they switch quite frequently. Some I take time to get to know and some take the time to actually make their presence known to me. Some I never notice other than feeling that they are there and they never try and get me to consciously recognize them, which is fine by me. I am too busy to worry about them. I know they are doing their job.

The news from Steven that I would get a new guide soon came mid-summer I think, right when I started feeling drawn to do more readings and get back in tune with my spiritual side.  When the new guide did not materialize right away, I figured he would be like all the others - a behind-the-scenes helper who I would rarely notice.

Seems this one is not behind-the-scenes at all, though. He talks. He surrounds me with energy and I can feel the protection he offers. He is quiet for the most part but will respond if I ask a question of him. I asked his name the other night. I can't remember it now but I know it starts with an "H". Oh wait! I heard it again:  "Horace". I am a bit amused when I hear the name because 1. it doesn't seem like the name of a guide 2. and it is a funny sounding name that reminds me of a "slow" person. LOL. However, both times now that I have been told name Horace, I immediately thought: Horace Mann.

I enjoy learning about History. Anyone who knows US History probably has heard of Horace Mann. He was a strong civil right's activist and also did a lot for public education. He lived during the early 1800s. Here is a link if you want to know more about him:   Horace Mann

I am not going to say that my new guide is Horace Mann, but it sure is strange that when I hear the name this new guide gives me, I immediately add "Mann" to the end of it. It could be because of my knowledge of the historical figure, it could be because there is something for me to learn from the historical figure, or it could be some other sign I have yet to figure out. It is very interesting that Horace Mann was in education and believe strongly in teaching morals and ethics in the classroom, something that public school has been failing miserably at.

Now my back and left shoulder are starting to hurt me. It is the stress and the repressed emotions that do this. Earlier this week the pain was near unbearable. I recall hearing Horace say to me, "Your heart is opening". If this is true, then I worry what it will do to me, how it will change me? I know I have been blocking my emotions for about three years now. I am not sure I am ready to deal with them. But I know the pain in my body is a direct result of repressed emotion and unfortunately now, the repressed emotion is not only creating stress at work but also at home.

If there is one thing I have learned since awakening to my spiritual gifts, it is that you only experience change when you are ready to. Sometimes you feel ready and then nothing changes when you want it to even though you scream at God to make them happen. Other times you are side-swiped by change and wonder how you made it through. Even more strange is when you feel you are ready and you get side-swiped by the change because you knew you needed change but you underestimated the amount of change that was needed.

So I know, that whatever is happening now is only happening because I am ready for it. I can resist it, but ultimately something will have to be done. There are many areas that need addressing and I feel almost ready to address them. It is just that fear gets me every time, so I push it away for another day. Perhaps Horace is preparing me for that day. If so, thank you in advance, Horace. I am sure that at some point I will take that back and curse at you, however, so enjoy it while you can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams