Ten

I have been sick with the intestinal flu since Tuesday. Today (Saturday) I am finally feeling better and more normal. However, the flu took a toll on me, causing me to feel sluggish and tired. I could not eat as much as usual and I did not sleep well. So it is no surprise that yesterday, upon returning home from work, I felt the urge to relax.

At first I decided to lay out in the sun on our deck and soak up some rays. The temperature was in the high 70s and the sky was clear and blue. It felt so good! However, as I was laying in the sun I kept catching myself falling asleep. I didn't want to fall asleep in the sun for fear of a sunburn, so I decided to go inside.

I laid on my bed intending to just rest a bit. I ended up falling asleep. This is unusual for me since I typically cannot sleep during the day.

As I drifted to sleep I remember carrying on a conversation with myself that slowly shifted into a conversation with someone else, a man.  I spoke to this man about all sorts of things, but mostly my concern about my future and the direction my life is heading. My thoughts wandered as I drifted deeper into sleep. However, the last conversation I recall having was about a decision I made in the past. Right before I met my current husband I had been engaged to someone else. It was to be a marriage of friendship and convenience. We had a common goal: spiritual work. However, something never felt quite right about the arrangement. I wanted to help my friend and kept feeling urged to do so, but at the same time I felt there was another, better path for me, one in which true love and family existed. I desperately wanted to experience true love and to have the children I always knew I would have, so I kept stalling, pushing the marriage back multiple times and hurting my friend's feelings in the process. What ended up happening was that I met my now husband the week me and my friend had planned to go forward with our plan to marry. When I met my husband I knew that I had met my true love and I recognized that all my stalling and indecision was purposeful - I somehow intuitively knew that my path was elsewhere.

This male figure and I spoke about my past decision at some length. I specifically remember him asking how I thought my life would have turned out had I married my friend rather than my current husband. I knew that I would have gone into spiritual work and struggled financially as I sought to make my dreams a reality. I would have felt spiritually connected, however, but still lacking something and always feeling pulled somewhere else. I knew that I would have been burdened the most with financial issues which eventually would have led me to stop spiritual work. I came to the conclusion that spiritual work for me was not likely to be a financially viable option. For me, at least, feeling financially stable is a must. It is part of survival and to not feel secure in this area, at least for me, results in huge amounts of stress and inability to focus on anything else. Inability to focus on anything else means a decline in spiritual focus and more error in readings, which in turn results in less money and perpetuates the cycle. The path I chose, my current path, though a sort of a detour in a way, allows me to have financial security in addition to love and family, which I would not have had otherwise. It is setting the stage for my spiritual work - I can see that now. Ultimately, this conversation with this man who had yet to reveal himself to me, helped me see that my journey thus far was going exactly as planned.

Eventually I drifted into sleep. I remember dreaming of a river trip. Me and my family (my husband and two children) were going on a trip down a river. At first I did not want to go, but felt I had to for some reason. I remember talking to someone who was not my husband about the trip and saying that I did not want to do the whole trip in a day but would rather stop along the side of the river to camp. He replied back, "But it costs $15 to camp" and I said, "So?" (this unusual for me because I tend to be a penny pincher). I remember seeing the campground off to the side of a bend in the river, high up on the embankment. I could see a path cut into the side of embankment and little signs marking the camping spots. I thought it looked nice (I hate to camp by the way) and felt happy to camp there with my family. In the dream I could see the winding river in the distance, its sides high and green with grass. There were other people on the river in canoes and boats, but not too many. The water was dark blue and had a swift current, though there were no rapids and it did not look dangerous. The river was wide and deep and I recall feeling calm about the trip and somewhat excited, though nervous.

Then I remember talking with the man again. At this point I was very conscious in my dream and was very happy to have entered this state of lucidity. I could not see him clearly; just a silhouette of him. He was short with short hair. I could not hear his voice and wanted to. I kept telling him, "I want to hear you!" I felt happy and carefree, almost childlike. He seemed somewhat serious, though; emotionless. I remember looking out my bedroom window as I spoke with him, a feeling of anticipation and excitement hung over me. My focus at the time was on this man, who I somehow knew but couldn't remember. He was showing me things, but the conversation is lost to me now, only impressions of him and what he said remain. I know I was talking to him about my concerns about the future. I have been struggling at work, really hating my job and have been considering once again doing spiritual work. I recently applied to several counseling jobs and keep getting mixed feelings about my future regarding my career. I remember hearing the man say "Ten" and I responded with, "Your name is Ten!". At that time a sign appeared in front of me. I cannot remember what was written on it now, but as I read it I heard, "Project yourself" and then, as if to clarify, I heard, "Projection". I knew then that his message was to project onto others what I wanted them to consider me to be. As I digested this message I felt the urge to explore and left the man. I exited my house, intent on flying and enjoying my astral state. However, I felt called back, hearing, "It's time to wake up". When I did wake up, I noticed I had slept for 2 hours.

When I awoke the name "Ten" stayed with me. I recognized that this was not really a name but more of a message. I looked up the meaning of ten (10). 
The number 10 carries the energies of both the number 1 and the number 0. Number 1 resonates with the attributes of self-leadership and assertiveness, new beginnings and motivation, activity and progress, achievement and success. Number 0 is the number of the ‘God’ force and Universal Energies and reinforces, amplifies and magnifies the vibrations of the numbers it appears with. Number 0 relates to developing one’s spiritual aspects and is considered to represent the beginning of a spiritual journey and highlights the uncertainties that may entail. It suggests that you listen to your intuition and inner-wisdom as this is where you will find all of your answers.
Angel Number 10 is a message that you are receiving insights and guidance from your angels through your ideas, thoughts, visions and feelings.  Pay particular attention to your intuition at this time and take positive action as directed.
  
Angel Number 10 encourages you to move forward in your life with faith and trust that you are on the right path in all ways.  Have no fear as your angels guide and support you every step of the way.  Have faith that your inner-urgings are leading you in the right direction and you will find future success and fulfillment on your chosen path.  Trust your angels and the Universal Energies.
~ From Joanne Sacred Scribes blog.
Considering that I have been getting messages in the form of numbers for some time now, the number 10 is fitting. When I read this, I felt emotional which confirmed the message I just received from this guide.

I feel very blessed to have been given such insight and  feel special in that I am able to hear, understand and take to heart the very obvious messages I receive. So many people who I have helped using my gifts have asked me how to connect with their guides to receive similar messages. It seems widespread, even amongst those with spiritual gifts, that most do not have encounters with their guides like I do. I am so very grateful to have been given this gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams