Take the Leap

There are two sets of quotes I want to share with you today. They come from two very inspirational people, in my opinion. The first is an important contributor to psychology and education. The second is the founder of Diantetics and Scientology.

"You will either step forward into growth or back into safety". ~ Abraham Maslow
“All universes are, to some degree, games and no universe would exist if there was not the spirit of play in the thetan. ...

“There is little ecstasy in play for anyone who has grown to any age at all. And yet there's hardly one of us that can't for a fleeting instant remember the heady and high ecstasy of action and engagement in activities. They're dim, most of them, because Homo sapiens is supposed to work and work is carefully defined as 'not play.'

“And probably the hardest thing a man has to take is when he has to enslave himself to something which is not of his own choice and permits himself to be placed in time and space not of his own choice.— L. Ron Hubbard
 I was drawn to the first quote because it seems to define my situation in the present. The second set of quotes was forwarded to me by my husband.

Take the Leap

There have been many instances in my life where I was faced with a decision: Do I take the risk and do what I want to do? Or do I stay where I am and continue the path that I am on? I admit that most of the time I choose the latter. Often I am too scared of what may happen to take a risk, especially if the risk involves money. And to clarify, in my mind, money = security.

I, like so many other people on Earth, often choose to wait until I feel pushed in one direction or the other. Thankfully, in my case, the push is not that bad, or at least it hasn't been. How lucky was I to get a booming voice wake me up from a dream to say, "Get out now!"? That doesn't happen to often (chuckle). Unfortunately, too many times I have waited too long before I make my move. Even though I got a wake up call in the form of a booming voice to relocate, leave my husband and do what I wanted to do with my life, it took 8 years.

Have I taken the path less traveled before? Of course. Perhaps the most significant time in my past where I took a risk invovled leaving behind my whole life to start a new one. It was after I got my spiritual gifts. I quit my job and picked up and moved. I started my own business as a psychic/medium. It was what I wanted to do. It meant leaving my safe home, a good paying job I loved and embarking on the unknown. Sadly, it didn't work out. I was warned that I would regret it. I recall Steven telling me when I decided to resign my position, "You will regret it". I did, too, for a long time. But now, looking back, I learned so much from it and grew so much as well.

Growth occurs when we step outside our comfort zone and take a risk.

"You will either step forward into growth or back into safety". ~ Abraham Maslow

Are You Just Going to Wait it Out?

The lyrics of the song, Wait it Out by Imogen Heap continue to haunt me as I wake up each morning. I have been waiting for so long for something to happen. Again. I should be taking action because I learned a long time ago that waiting will get me no where except where I already am. Sitting around wishing for a change to happen to me will lead me only to the same things I already have. The old saying goes, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results" - Albert Einstein. 

And still the lyrics of another song come to mind: It's Time by Imagine Dragons. Specifically two parts: "giving the academy a rain check" and "giving the commodities a rain check". It's like I'm being told to leave behind everything I know and begin a new. Actually, I think I am being told that.

Considerations

 Last night I had put aside the idea of selling our house and moving - taking the leap. This morning I awoke
with the same thought until my husband sent me the quotes by LRH. When I read them I immediately got the urge to just toss aside my considerations about safety and security and take the plunge. I sent my husband an email and told him that, too. As I type this, I recall how I have been thinking and hearing, "Why not?" for some time now.

What is it I am thinking about doing? Selling the house for one. Or at least leaving here. The day before yesterday I found this movie on Netflix called Mr. Nobody. I decided to watch it, not knowing what it was all about. Turns out it had some very good messages in it for me. One message I have heard from my guides often is, "There are no mistakes, just choices". And this is so true. Another message that hit home hard was how, with time, you can never go back (at least in life). It hit me hard because here I am, with a newborn, looking at him and thinking how fast time flies and how much of life I have missed by being at work 8hrs a day most of the year. How I rarely enjoyed those little moments and now they are gone. I asked myself, "Do I want to do that with this child, too? Do I want to work all day and miss the most important part of his life?"

And just now, the emotions hit me, because all of the messages I have been getting for over a year (longer maybe) seem to be all hitting me at once. So many messages and I have ignored them, or at least they have not been getting through completely. Like the one where my guide asked me, "If you only had 10 more years to live, what would you do?" Back then I said that I would do nothing different. Now, considering how it fits with everything else, I am not so sure.

But back to the movie, while watching it I realized just how much I have let myself down in this life. I know I can do better than I am! I found myself overcome with emotion and in a conversation with my guide telling him, "It looked so easy! (in reference to this life)", knowing that I came here to overcome selfishness, be a good mother/wife, be so many things that I AM and failing miserably because life gets in the way and overwhelms me. I remembered, for just a moment, how eager I was prior to coming into this body to prove that I could overcome life and let myself shine through while here. Yet here I am, halfway through this life, struggling just to find sanity most days and hating - yes hating - myself and my life as I live it. I remember asking, "Where did I go wrong?", and feeling defeated. And my guide tells me, "Don't be so hard on yourself".

Possibility

In the movie, Mr. Nobody, there is a scene in which the main character discusses how time works and discusses choices. In this scene he points out how once a choice is made, you can't go back, but when one doesn't make a choice there still exists possibility. I think that is why choices are so hard. We know that once we make a choice we are stuck with it at least until we make another one. But while in the midst of making a choice we have many possibilities. But what the movie doesn't say is that the choices keep coming; the possibilities are of our own creation.

I have been considering so many possibilities lately. When I consider the ones that are the most freeing, I feel free. For example, staying home with my two youngest is appealing to me; freeing. How odd is that? Going back to work is confining; restrictive; slavery. It makes me feel ill inside. Ouch. Moving and starting over is relieving. I wish to be unburdened.
 “And probably the hardest thing a man has to take is when he has to enslave himself to something which is not of his own choice and permits himself to be placed in time and space not of his own choice.— L. Ron Hubbard
 And again I hear my guide asking, "What do you want?" It's pretty obvious I think.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams