Animal Messengers

I have not had much time to connect with Spirit lately and have felt very disconnected for over a month now. However, there have been some animal visitors of late that are unusual to say the least. I can't help but notice them, especially when they come more than once for a visit.

Hummingbird

This has been my most numerous visitor. He never comes directly to me, though, but through my husband. The first time I encountered him he had flown into my house and my husband caught him and brought him to me cupped in his hands. He was small and beautiful and so fragile looking. Then my husband released him by throwing him into the air and he zoomed off as if nothing had happened.

The second time it happened about a week later. We had returned home and my husband had left the garage door open. He came out with his hands cupped again and asked me if I wanted to look at the hummingbird. It had flown into the garage and become trapped and was so tired my husband had no trouble scooping it up into his hands. I peeked inside his hand and saw another beautiful, green backed male. My husband released him into the air like the other one and he flew off without a hitch.

I found this great explanation about what a hummingbird can symbolize. Reference
Hummingbirds are also a reminder of how we expend our own energy. When hummingbirds show up in our lives, it's a good time to take a look at our energy-stores and resources. hummingbirds warrant an honest look at how we are maintaining our vibrational frequencies. Are we frittering away our energy on needless issues (ie: worry, fear, lack)? Or, are we in a state of well-honed, regulated balance when it comes to our energy and resources?
I find this part of the explanation fitting. The first time I saw hummingbird was prior to birth and the second was after. I was very emotional in both cases and worrying over things I should not have been. Now that I feel more balanced I recognize the message and appreciate it, though I am not sure it is that easy for me to achieve.

Buzzard

Another bird that has shown himself to me in an unusual way is the buzzard. The first time I saw him was prior to my baby's birth. He was dead on the side of the road, his large wing flapping in the wind. I found this unusual because it is very rare that buzzards are hit by a car.

The second time I saw buzzard he was also dead. This occurred right after the birth of my baby. He was in the middle of the road with his wing up in the air. Again, I was shocked to see that one had been hit. So odd.

Buzzard teaches the power of purification of the mind, body and spirit. He aids in uncovering truths, clarifying previous conceptions, and allowing one to see and hear subtle hidden qualities using intuition and awareness. Buzzard teaches confidence and the ability to stand with dignity and soar with clarity and purpose. He shows one how to seek a new and heightened vision while increasing sensitivity. He asks us to ask ourselves, "It is time to soar above your perceived limitations. Are you currently undergoing an internal death and rebirth cycle? Are you ready to assert your actions from your ideas?" Buzzard aids in transforming knowledge to bring the unconscious to conscious and teach how to soar above it and bring the transformation you are needing at this time. 

I take the message buzzard has for me to mean that I am resisting finding the truth in my life or am refusing to confront the issues I am struggling with. Avoidance is not a good thing but at this time I recognize it as a coping measure. I am definitely struggling with a birth issue and feel as if a chapter in my life is over; dead. I do feel I am limiting myself, that I always limit myself. I have been struggling with fear as well, letting it hold me back. Lately I feel like I do not want to continue. I am saying to myself, "What is the point?" and questioning my future. I am struggling to see anything good in it. The feeling of exhaustion is lessening but I still feel a heavy burden on my shoulders. I wonder, will it ever lighten up?

Frog

This totem came to me today in a very unusual way.

My daughter was remarking about the frog in her bathroom. I didn't believe her and ignored her. Then I went into the bathroom to get something and there was a tiny frog clinging to the side of the bathtub. Weird.

My son chased it out of the bathroom and my husband helped him chase it out the door. What is even more odd about this frog is that it seemed to be a tree frog. They are all but unheard of in these parts. What was a tree frog doing in my house??

As a totem, frog represents initiation, transformation, and rebirth; balance, adaptation, and healing.

Frog addresses the cleansing of negative energies in your life. The stages of its maturing process address the many transformations one will undergo in the process of maturing. To see Frog is to know that one of these stages is about to be encountered. The ability to live in Water and on land speaks of passing between the worlds; the balance of the mundane and the spiritual realms is one of Frog's lessons.

When I see this totem, I recognize his message to me: You are going through a difficult transformation in your life. Much healing is needed but you will come out of this transformation healed, renewed and with a stronger purpose. Be kind to yourself and allow yourself time to heal. Meditate, reflect and forgive yourself of your past losses/failures. Focus on your strengths instead of your weaknesses.

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams