Meditation


 

Recently I awoke hearing a message from my guides: Listen to music when you meditate. I responded, "Okay" and heard nothing more. I had to get up and get ready for work, so was unable to really consider the message until later on that day. Since the birth of my children, meditation has been a rarity for me. Before that time, I use to meditate daily. I found meditation quite addictive, actually, as it helped me relax, clear my mind, and focus on the things I wanted to manifest. It also allowed me to connect with my guides and balance my energy and chakras (healing).

I decided to take my guides advice and meditate to music. Since meditating to music is something I rarely did before I stopped meditating, I did not have any music readily available that felt right to me. So I looked online for some guided meditations with soothing music, music that did not distract from my meditation.

I discovered a free podcast from a website called Meditation Oasis. The specific meditation I did was called Opening the Heart Meditation. I felt drawn to do this meditation and as I chose it, I recalled what Steven said to me the night before: "Your heart is opening".

As soon as I settled down to meditate, my eyes filled with tears. I was not feeling any one emotion at the time. It was as if there was some kind of release that occurred just from the act of settled down to meditate. For the first 15 minutes or so I allowed the tears to flow. Throughout this time, I felt waves of energy coming at me from the right. Steven usually stands on my left, so not sure exactly who/what/where the energy was coming from. I also felt my third-eye chakra activate as well as my heart chakra. The energy came at me for just a little while. It was like I was being hit with it. I also heard what I can only describe as a low, deep hum. This came from my left. I have never heard such a sound but it reminded me of heavy machinery. It had a steady rhythm and only lasted a little while.

About halfway through the meditation I felt "done". I had only been doing it about 15 minutes total but that is perhaps all I needed. I went outside afterward to process it all. I began thinking of the world and all the negative things going on and happening. I thought of the 15yr old from New Mexico who killed his mom and three siblings. I also thought of all the lost children/teens in the world and how they really need guidance. It made me despair and lose hope for the world. Steven said to me, "Help". I knew it was my job to help, but I felt/feel so unable to make a significant difference. I knew I had given up; suppressed the desire I have to help. Steven asked me why. I responded that I had been suppressed by people around me and through so many failed attempts to help. I knew I had suppressed myself because of these things.

Then I began thinking of the current path I am on: to become a certified counselor. It seemed to fit in with my thoughts and conversations with Steven. It settled within me, calmly, leaving a knowingness that it is the right direction for me, but still I was unable to see exactly where it would lead. Or maybe I don't want to know yet, which is okay. I thought about pursuing my LPC and got a feeling that it was okay to not decide on that question yet. Again, I felt OK with that.

But back to meditation. If you don't meditate, and don't feel the need to, then don't. However, there are many benefits to meditation. You don't need to be trained to meditate. You don't need to do anything more than be still with your thoughts. The website I linked to above is a great resource for those of you who wish to meditate and practice meditation. I highly recommend that you take a look at it and try meditation for yourself. I always discover something new about myself when I meditate. So will you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams