I Need a Dream Catcher

Not to keep bad dreams away but to help me remember mine! I am having some amazing dreams and I remember them when I first wake up but then, after one of my children screams or my husband tries to cuddle with me, the dream disappears.

Long ago I use to have the most amazing, vivid dreams. The adventures I had in my dreams made most people shake their heads in disbelief and still others told me outright they didn't believe me. But to me, they were real and they were my favorite part of my spiritual awakening.

At first, my dreams were just dreams. Strange happenings that made no sense but kept me intrigued nonetheless. Then something odd started to happen. I began to have dreams that were so real I swore they weren't dreams at all, but reality. I could taste, feel, hear, smell, see - everything, and then even more.

Then the dreams got scary. I started to wake up in the middle of the night and couldn't breathe. Or I would be awakened by someone talking to me or touching me. I would fly out of bed and turn the light on, breathless and afraid. "Someone is in my room!" I would think. "No," Steven would say, "It's okay". Then I would go back to sleep and be awakened once again by the same voice or touch or strange buzzing sensation.

After weeks of this I was told to research two things: astral travel and lucid dreaming. So I went in search of books on these topics. Strangely enough, there weren't many.

I found a book on astral travel at a small spiritual store in town.  Though I can't remember it's name now I do remember that it taught me a few important things. First, the things that were waking me up, they were classic signs of astral travel. People who astral travel leave their bodies and travel in the astral realms. When they do this they have all their senses and these senses are often heightened. They also report hearing noises and feeling people touching them as well as feeling a buzzing sensation in their body or in their ears. What a relief to know that I wasn't being attacked by spirit in my sleep! What a relief to know it was something I could control.

The book also explained that astral travel could be done purposefully and could be controlled. This intrigued me. So I was off on a new journey - the mastery of astral travel.

I must say I really sucked at it in the beginning. The nights I tried to go astral I would fall asleep and wake without any bad dreams or strange experiences. The nights when I had given up I would ultimately have another experience and be angry at myself in the morning.

One thing that happened to me a lot was I would get out of my body and then get stuck in the floor. You might think that sounds absurd, but really, I would get stuck in the floor! My first experiences with astral had me stuck in lots of places - the wall, the bed, and of course, the floor. And the thing that was really frustrating was that when I tried to move out of those things I would go further into those things. And I must tell you, the floor does not feel nice. It was concrete and it was cold, bone chilling cold. It felt like what I imagine a dead body must feel like. And the wall, well it wasn't much better. The fibers of the wall would become a part of me and well, it felt sticky and I felt like I became a piece of fiberglass. It is hard to explain, but being stuck in a man-made object is not fun when you are in astral.

I finally found a book called Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce and it gave me some simple exercises to do before going to sleep that would initiate astral. He said to do them nightly and promised that eventually they would work, though it may take a month or more. I figured it would not take that long since I was already going into astral spontaneously, so I started doing the exercises nightly.

Nothing happened. Four weeks went by and nothing happened. I was so frustrated!  I would get close and hear a rushing in my ears. "Whoosh! Whoosh!" But then nothing. I would get excited and be wide awake and completely mess up my chances of leaving my body and have to start all over.

I asked Steven to please make the symptoms be less noticeable. To please help me not get so excited when I would recognize them. Slowly, but surely the whooshing sound and the buzzing feeling began to fade away. But I still wasn't able to consciously astral. I went into astral, but I would not be aware of it until I woke the next morning.

One night I did the exercise as usual. I felt the buzzing sensation and started rocking back and forth, which is one of the ways to separate from the body. Before I knew it I heard a distinctive "Pop!" I was out of my body! I couldn't see but I could feel that I was floating. In my excitement I suddenly flew right back into my body with a loud whoosh, almost sounding like Velcro when you pull it apart.

I had done it! The excitement was so much that I could not go back to sleep. I spent the rest of the night trying to do it again without success. But I didn't care. I had done it!

Then came the next problem. I would have trouble moving from place to place.  I would behave as if I had legs and when I tried to move them I would tumble head over heels like a ball, spinning so fast I would fly right back into my body from the complete disorientation it would cause. I had to learn to walk all over again, this time in my astral body that had no shape and was just a mass of energy. I finally was able to move by thinking myself to a place rather than trying to walk there. The first place I traveled to successfully? The bathroom - right across the hall. lol

Over the next few months I go very good at astral travel. One of my favorite astral journeys happened when I was visiting the UK. I was staying with a friend and decided I wanted to see if I could travel all the way to the US. I closed my eyes and concentrated. Before I knew it I was flying over the ocean. I could see the sun setting before me and smell the ocean and feel the breeze as I flew. The colors were so vibrant and I thought, "This must be what it is like to be free!"

When I made it to the US I knew I was in California. I flew down a street that was lined with Victorian Era houses. The street seemed eerily empty. I stopped at a large, yellow house with white trim and went in through the door. I flew upstairs and came upon a woman who was singing to herself in her living room. She didn't see me. I decided to move a flower in the  vase on the table thinking I would be unsuccessful, but it moved! I was thrilled! The woman didn't notice, though, which kinda disappointed me. I flew into another room and explored and then, when I got bored, I went back towards the stairs.

The woman looked right at me and said, "I knew it! Why are you here!" I freaked out and flew out of there as fast as I could, the woman yelling over and over, "Who are you!?"

I came back to my body overjoyed and excited to have had the experience. In all my astral travels, no one had ever seen me. This woman looked right at me and spoke to me. Amazing!

That experience will forever stay with me. I have had many hundreds of astral adventures, sometimes more than one in a night, but that one is my favorite.

So it seems very odd to me that I now wake and cannot remember what I had been dreaming about or if I had been astralling or not. This saddens me quite a bit. I really miss it. Every once in a while I will spontaneously astral and wake up in the middle of it, but that is so rare these days that I cannot remember the last time it happened.

Now I just need to try and catch what dreams I can whenever I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams