Recognizing and blocking spiritual energies

My first experiences with spirit were mostly with my guide. Like most guides, he knew how to approach me without scaring me too badly. Since he has been with me since before birth, he has perfected communication with me. Guides feel different. It is hard to explain, but whenever I sense my guide I recognize his energy. He feels like me, I guess, but with more love and patience than I have for myself. When I sense the guide of another person it is similar - it feels like their energy, only bigger. When another persons' guide communicates with me it is like they reach out from within that person and it is a warm, loving feeling. Almost like they are saying, "Hello and welcome".

When I communicate with spirit that has crossed over their energy is very different than that of a guide. It usually comes in swiftly, seemingly out of nowhere. Then I suddenly get pictures in my mind and a feeling of knowing them. Often times I get huge amounts of emotion. I feel flooded by it. I am a very emotionally control person normally so getting a sudden shift in my emotions for no reason is usually a cue to me that spirit is trying to contact me. The best way I can describe how quick my emotions change when spirit is around is that it is similar to how I felt when I was pregnant with my daughter - very out of my control. However, those emotions always had a logical cause. Emotion from spirit has no logical cause because the emotion is coming from them. It is like being scared to death or having an anxiety attack when there is nothing new or unusual around to cause such feelings. BIG hint that spirit is attempting to connect.

I have become adept at closing off to spirit in the years since I became aware of my gifts. Actually, I was closed off to them for most of my life without knowing I was. I think it was something I automatically knew how to do, or maybe just that Steven showed me how and I don't remember.

So lately I have been completely shut down to spirit. They don't really even get into my dreams anymore. This saddens me sometimes, but really I don't know how I could manage if I didn't shut down with my life the way it is right now. Two children, one of them only 5 months old, really takes a lot of energy!

Recently I sought to communicate with an earth bound entity, or ghost. I had not done this since 2003, so I was a bit rusty. I was not prepared for how she attempted to contact me, but I think I handled it well. When I sent out a query for her with my mind I got a sudden jolt of energy and a massive amount of information all at once. I actually took in a huge breath of air and held it as I tried to contain the emotion that she threw at me. I suddenly was very, very, very sad and frantic at the same time. My whole body felt heavy and I wanted desperately to break down and cry. I actually had to hold back the tears and I think I did pretty well but unfortunately my other reaction to this kind of "attack" (which it felt like but definitely wasn't intended to be) is to immediately close off and put up barriers. Indeed, my protective block did so well that the poor lady in spirit really backed off. She backed off so far that I could barely sense her. Then it was hard to open back up to her because I knew how much emotional pain she was carrying. Emotion can really be such a powerful weapon in the spirit world. I am glad that I was able to block, rather than be the opposite and not be able to keep it at bay. Anyone bombarded by that for any length of time could potentially become very depressed and even sick over long periods of time.

So I guess I have become too good at blocking spirit, which, unfortunately, will be something I will have to deal with when the time is right. I can still open up, but, like a door that has been closed for a very long time, the hinges are very rusty and will be stubborn for a while. I know I can handle it. Practice makes perfect. But for now I will pat myself on the back for a job well done. I am now a master of protecting myself against spiritual energy of any kind. No wonder I feel so blah sometimes. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams