Timing is Everything

I slept wonderfully last night and awoke feeling well rested. Unfortunately, like most days, I felt unmotivated to get out of bed. My thoughts are usually somewhere along the line of, Ugh! Another day!

I didn't remember my dreams right away. I slowly and groggily went through my morning routine. My husband, like usual, began talking about whatever was on his mind. He is much more awake in the morning and often philosophizes about things and will try to spark a conversation with me. Typically I go along with whatever he is saying but only half listen as I am trying to get myself together for another long day. However, this morning I listened a little closer, though still somewhat in a haze. He was talking about a bible study he went to with my brother (my brother is 17) and explaining how they discussed the bible, pointing out that many parts are taken literally when not necessarily intended to be taken that way. As he talked he said something that brought me into present time. He said, "The problem is that too many people take the bible and other things they read as if it were the truth". When he said this it was like his voice echoed in my head; as if it boomed out of the end of long tube. I almost ignored it but stopped myself and remembered what someone had told me on a FB group - "Listen could mean you need to pay attention to what is around you". So that is what I did. I listened and I understood the message. I have been reading Journey of Souls and taken what was in its pages as truth when in fact I should have been taking what made sense to me as truth and thrown out the rest as false data. A big "ah-ha!" went off in my mind. For a moment, my dread of the coming work day eased a bit.  So, a big Thank You to my guides for that message!

Strangely, as I digested the message I just received, the dreams from that night came pouring back into my mind. I typically do not try to remember my dreams anymore (too busy), yet sometimes they come flowing to the surface of my mind. In this instance I saw the whole dream in front of me and it felt very real. I pushed it out of my head - Why remember such an odd dream?, I thought, It's too much work to interpret.

But I could not get rid of the dream. As I got ready to leave my house for work and on the drive to work, the dream kept coming back into my mind. Finally I felt like I should try and remember it. So, I went through the dream from beginning to end, putting together the pieces in my mind. This helps me remember it. Then I felt like I should write it down. So here it is:

The dream began with me agreeing to house sit for a couple who I know in real life. They were going out of town and my job was just to be there to watch things for them. The couple was discussing with me their routine and I remember clearly them saying that they pull shifts. The man cleaned up the house at the beginning of his shift and then when his watch is over (they had 24hr shifts), the woman cleaned up the house. What I saw in my dream was them cleaning up similar to how a janitor would clean a facility. I also recall that they wore navy blue shirts as uniforms. I remember thinking to myself as they told me of their duties that it made no sense to clean up the house every 24hrs when no one was getting it dirty. I decided at that point not to clean the house while I was there, though my instructions seemed to indicate that I should.

Interpretation: The couple in this dream is connected to a religious group I am associated with. I have issues with groups, specifically the tendency of such groups to have lots of members who just mindlessly follow others. I shy away from groups for this specific reason as I tend to question everything and this makes me stand out in such groups and often makes my membership in them uncomfortable as I feel I do not belong because of my tendency to be outspoken. The couple in my dream is a couple that caused their family great distress. The man, some 20yrs older than his wife, was previously married to his wife's sister and had two children with her. When that marriage failed, he got together with his wife's sister who was 16yrs old at the time. There was a huge issue caused by this, even at the church level. However the family accepted it and they now have two children of their own. I do not like either of them very much because I feel they knew better and I tend to harshly judge the woman because she is one of those "mindless followers" I mentioned above. However, in this dream I find myself having compassion for the woman. 

As the dream continues, I cook some protein brownies for the couple and when they come in she goes to the over because the timer beeps to indicate they are done. She takes them out and cuts them into smaller portions and I explain that they are healthy and she should eat more. Then I give her a shirt - navy blue but see through - because I recall that she needed a new one as hers was stained from baby puke. She accepts it graciously even though it is not appropriate because it is see-through. Then I leave and take a whole bunch of my things with me. In the dream they just look like boxes and such. I put them in a pick-up truck (the truck belongs to my brother in real life) and drive away.

Interpretation:  I am not sure how to interpret this part of the dream but it feels as if I am coming to terms with some of my issues with this religious group. There is a kind of acceptance feeling with this part of the dream. It is like I am able to understand this woman (who represents the followers in this group) and I am able to connect with her somewhat. This also suggests that I take my stuff (issues) with me as I leave my concerns behind. 

As I am driving I feel compelled to stop at a clothing store that I see on the side of the road. It was a large, white warehouse. I want to see if they had any deals but was not looking for anything in particular. I remember browsing through their outdoor sale racks and not really finding anything I wanted. When I went in I saw a lot of ladies browsing clothing but all the clothing looked the same. I was not interested so continued through the store but the racks were empty for the most part and many I saw had clothing that was too skimpy for my taste (like for teenagers). I passed a female store worker who asked if I wanted help. I told her I didn't. Strangely, as I was browsing I wandered down a corridor and found myself in a meadow. In the dream this shocked me and brought me to a semi-lucidity, but I did not take control of the dream. I remember seeing a field of green grass that sloped upward toward a huge hill. I flew over small flowers that were everywhere. Mostly they were blue and pink in color. I wanted to stop and smell them but felt compelled to move up the hill. So I grabbed a pink one (but it seemed to turn white and then pink again) and smelled it as I flew.

Interpretation: I believe the warehouse represents a place of consultation. The clothes are me making a decision and represent things I am rejecting in my life (much of it was represented the physical as in youth and beauty, though some represented fitting in with a group). I never choose any clothing to buy - I leave empty-handed. The woman worker is a guide. The meadow is a place of healing. The feeling is I want to stay but am compelled to leave it, even though I want to stay. The message is that I have work to do, to keep going.

At the top of the hill was another warehouse but this one was domed like a tent and white. There was a door slightly open and I was going to go inside but I could tell that it was in a state of preparation, still empty at the time. Disappointed, I flew up a path to head back into the store (the store was now a field with walls). I saw a discarded flower print shirt wrong-side out on a table. I thought about picking it up but left it there, disinterested. I bumped into a woman, a store employee, who asked if I needed assistance. I told her no and left her behind.

Interpretation: The domed warehouse that is empty is another decision-making place but it is not ready yet so I can't go inside. Message seems to be "Wait. Not yet". I once again reject clothing, this time a shirt I like but it is wrong-side out, so it is not appropriate. The female is a guide. Twice now I have turned down help.

When I left the store I went back to the truck (ha! I wrote "truth" by accident and caught it in my edit). As I was getting ready to drive away, a man came running up and stole something out of the back. It was a large gas can full of gas. I started to drive away, a bit scared and then decided to turn around and get back what was mine. I remember driving fast toward the man's truck and could see a woman behind the wheel with an apprehensive look on her face. I stopped just short of hitting them head on and got out of my truck. I went and took the gas can back and put it in my truck. The woman in the truck looked at me open mouthed. I felt empowered.

Interpretation:  When I caught that I had written "truth" instead of truck, I realized that this part of the dream was me coming back to the present and previously in the dream I had been discussing my past. The gas that was stolen is my energy. The women in the truck stole my energy and I went and got it back. I actually connect this with a work situation I recently resolved. I had to turn in a coworker for something they were doing that was wrong. I waited a long time before turning her in. I waited until her actions were directly affecting me. I literally was on the verge of a breakdown (my energy depleted). When I turned her in it gave me back my energy and I have been fine ever since.

A man with blond hair was watching from the side of the road (it was a residential street). I saw him and explained that I was taking back what was mine. I sensed that he was there to help as he followed me to my truck. I felt a strong connection to him for some reason. For some reason he got in the driver's side and I got in the passenger side of the truck. He mentioned that and I laughed. He said he had to go and wished me well. I reluctantly got into the driver's side seat, wishing he would stay with me. It felt as if I knew him; as if he were a past loving partner or family member. I really hated to see him go. The dream ended there.

Interpretation: I believe this was a conversation with one of my guides. I felt I needed to explain myself but he does not disagree with my actions. He is there to help and his energy is very comforting and loving. I feel relieved when I see him and I also feel very close to him, as if he is someone I love dearly. I want him to stay but he cannot. When he is in the driver's seat he is taking temporary control and I am okay with that and want him to stay in that position. But he gives the truck back to me and leaves. The message I feel is that it is time for me to keep going and that this guide has done his job and will be leaving.

I received a message in February warning me of a coming crisis in my life. It did prepare me for the shock of the changes occurring at my job. As that crisis ensued, I found myself pushed to make a change which was beneficial for me. I have been left feeling like I am waiting and have been impatient. The message from this dream indicates that a decision cannot be made just yet and to wait. I am impatient, though, so the waiting is very difficult. But I have learned that in life, timing is everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

Answers in Dreams

The Only Way Out, Is Through