Flourishing Garden

Strange dreams last night, but I slept well.

I was talking to someone in my dream but, of course, I can't remember what we were talking about or who I was talking to now. In my dream I remember being on the road driving, but without a car. I was floating and moving as if on a motorbike or something, but there was no vehicle. We (there was someone with me) were "driving" along roads in this small town and I was getting directions on where to go. I recall at some point seeing what looked like a big pile of dirt and debris. It was huge, like five stories high, and there were machines on top, clearing it away. This pile was at an intersection and I paused and looked at it. Someone with me (feels like there may have been more than one) asked about an office building. In my mind I saw this fabulous five story office building with shining, reflective glass. I realized the pile of debris was in fact the ruins of that building. We then discussed how it happened, but I don't remember the details now.

As I continued with my friends, one took me into the country. There we met with a watermelon farmer. He showed us how he grew his watermelon and I remember seeing the vines growing under a canopy of pine trees. There were some he cut open to show us how ripe they were. The watermelon was bright red though some was orange in color and the outsides varied, some resembling cantaloupes more than watermelon.

The man then took us to his garden. His wife was there as well as I remember a strong female presence. The garden was spectacular! The rows were neat and the vegetables were huge and healthy. I remember looking closely at the soil and seeing the rows were wrapped in a green netting that also contained fertilizer. I focused on a tall celery plant and remember the woman asking, "Don't you grow celery?" I told her, "No. It doesn't grow where I live". Her celery was tall and healthy and I briefly recalled growing it when I lived in Alaska (I grew some when I lived there).

The man took us to where they grew some kind of cane. When he brought me to where they grew it, I was happy to see cane bushes (sugar cane maybe?) lining a huge pond of dark, almost black, calm water. The man stood on the banks of the pond describing his cane and I looked at the fields of it, green and tall in the distance. He continued to talk and his presence is very strong in my memory as I type this. He seemed very prophetic in what he was saying, though I cannot remember what he said now (of course). I remember feeling joy as I thought of the pond and told him, "I have always wanted to have my own pond". I then looked down at the man's feet and saw into the dark water. There was a large fish swimming near his feet and I remember thinking of how great it would be to fish in this pond. I also noted that the water, though it looked dark from the surface, was crystal clear. I watched the white, carp-looking fish for a while as the man continued to talk. I had a strong urge to go fishing at that time (I really use to love fishing).

The man then took me back to where the garden was and the woman was there as well. As we talked, I became aware of decking that stretched from the garden and somehow ended up near the pond as well. A tiny, white kitten was there and he got lost and I was trying to find him. The decking wound around and had stairs that went up. I remember seeing the white kitten going toward what looked like a tiny geyser that was coming up out of the mud. It would erupt and then the mud would gurgle. The kitten went into the hole and I fished him out. He was covered in brown mud but okay.

That dream stopped and I ended up in a dream where I was at a family gathering. The family consisted of my husband's work family more than his real family. In real life, he considers the people he works with as family and I have difficulty accepting them as family. My husband brought out sticks for the meal (yeah, sticks) and put them in the oven. Later, he brought the sticks out of the oven to eat. I didn't want to eat sticks. He then showed me how there were also pine cones and explained the recipe. Apparently, they dipped them into something sweet. I decided to eat a pine cone instead of a stick. I recall the taste even now - woody and sweet. My husband ate some of the stick and some of the pine cone.

Then the dream shifted and I was with a man who was walking with me on a path. I recall that on the path I had to go around some obstacles. One obstacle was a man sitting with his children working on homework with them. I encountered them twice. The first time I encountered them, I walked around on the left, through their grass and a woman watched me suspiciously. I knew she was his wife. The second time I encountered them, it was the exact same scene with the man sitting with his children helping them with homework. This time I went around on the right. I didn't see the woman. I stopped at a fence and then looked up at a tree. I worked with the boy/man I was with (he was young, seemed like a teenager) and instructed him on how to climb the tree and help me to climb it. I recall deciding at one point, when he was in the tree and I was going to join him, how we could not get anywhere once we were in the tree. So I told him to get down and said, "We will have to walk".
 I felt I should recount these dreams when I woke up. They felt....important. I was very impressed by the strong feelings that came with remembering the dream about the garden and pond. The impressions I got and the messages that came to me upon recounting it surprised me but confirmed to me why I needed to write about them.

I found the symbolic meaning of some of the things I saw in my dreams on the Dream Moods website.

Watermelon - represent emotions of desire, love, passion and lust but can also represent the summer relaxation and leisure.
Celery - represents financial concerns ("salary" and "celery" sound similar) or the need to be emotionally or physically cleansed. 
Garden - indicates that one's hard work will soon pay off; represents stability, potential and internal growth. A productive garden indicates productivity in work.
Dark, Calm Water -water represents the subconscious and one's emotional state. Dark water indicates an unknown. Clear, calm water represents being in tune with one's spirituality.
Fish - can indicate the subconscious and conception.
Kitten - represents a transitional phase towards independence, explore new things, and innocence and purity. To rescue a kitten represents one's desire to help others.
Sugar Cane - represents vitality, health and prestige. 
Pine Cones - a pine cone symbolizes wealth and good fortune. Eating a pine cone represents acceptance of wealth and good fortune. 
Stick - represents sex, sexual urges and attitude towards sex. Not eating the stick represents a rejection of sexual urges. 

In reflecting upon these symbols I feel encouraged. All of these symbols have a positive message for me.  As I recalled the dreams I had, I also recalled that I was never alone in the dreams. Not only was I not alone, but I was surrounded by love and encouragement. I revered the man I was with at the pond. I wish I could remember his face. All I can see in my mind are his shoes standing by the water's edge. They were white sneakers. lol

The messages that came from these dreams indicate that good things are to come and that I am ready for them to come. Even now I want to go back to that dark, calm pond surrounded by sugar cane. It was so peaceful.

The picture with this post is a picture of my actual garden. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams