Seeing, Catching and Eating a Frog

The frog was in my dreams last night. It was a very strange dream, too. In the dream I was going around from shop to shop with my best friend from high school. I kept not going into shops because of this or that. One shop we went into I did not want to go in because it looked like people were dancing in it. When I looked closer, however, they were going down the middle of the shop and at the end were given a prize. My friend did this and got a tube of pink lip stick. I decided I wanted some lip stick, too. So I went down and got some for myself but it was blue. I didn't want blue, though. My friend went down and got more make-up, this time some powder. She really liked it and was talking to a sales rep. I remember telling her I couldn't wear powder because of my wrinkles. I said she didn't have any and she showed me she did. I decided at that point to go down and get more. However, this time I had to catch a frog. From out of the side of the building (elevator maybe?) this tiny, tan frog was jumping around. I chased it. These men with nets came to try to catch it as well. I was able to catch it with my bare hands though. I remember opening up my hands and peeking at it. It was tiny and cute. For some reason I took it and put it in my mouth (ewww!). I went down to the shop so I would get my prize. I could taste the frog in my mouth. I looked up toward the people giving the prizes. I could see a brown shelf where cosmetics would usually be stored, but the shelves were empty. I recall that I was chewing on the frog (double eww!) and it tasted gooey. I told someone that there was also a crunch every now and then (oh gross!). As I kept looking up, waiting for my prize, my alarm went off. It felt as if the ones giving prizes were royalty or something.

Analysis

According to Dream Moods, the frog is symbolic of potential change or the unexpected. He can also symbolize transformation, renewal or birth. To see a frog leaping in your dream suggests lack of commitment or that you are taking great strides toward your goal. To catch a frog suggests that you are being careless when it comes to your heath (uh-oh). To eat a frog in your dream indicates some unsavory or unpleasant thing that you need to do.

To shop in your dreams suggest that you are seeking new opportunities and viewing the possibilities. To put on or apply makeup suggest that you are trying to put on your "best face" and increase your self-confidence.

From what I can make of the dream, I was exploring potentialities in my life and deciding on a course of action. Apparently I was looking at things that were not so pleasant to consider (the frog) but accepting of those things, even the unpleasant ones. I feel it may be related to my work, though I am not certain.

Message from my Guide

When I woke in the middle of the night it was sudden, as if I had been awakened by someone or something. I was a bit cold, but there was no other reason for me to wake up. At that time, one of my guides spoke to me, so I assume my guide wanted me to be conscious when he told me his message. I remember repeating it in my mind, but now, try as I may, I cannot remember it. It was something along the lines of doing things to reach my goals. I was being instructed on doing something pushy or outside my comfort zone in order to get what I wanted. I remember wondering what that could be. I wish now that I could remember his exact words. I do remember that there was one word I was focusing on, but I only remember it started with a D. I want to say it might have been distasteful or a similar longer D word. I am so frustrated that I can't remember now! However, the frog dream came after this message, so I am thinking it was really meant to drive the message home.

It looks like I was being guided to fight for what I want, even if it means doing things I am uncomfortable doing. I have applied for another counseling job, this time with elementary students. I would really like this job and for the first time since I got my degree I feel confident that this is the position I want. This certainty is helpful for me because usually when I am certain I want something, I get it. It could be that I have to be more confident than I have been of my skills and ability. This is hard for me to do as I am not very good at patting myself on the back and tend to be ultra critical and under estimate my own ability. It makes me uncomfortable to brag about myself in interviews. Perhaps I need to get over this if I want this job? If so, then I feel I can do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams