My Experiment is Working!

Brief recap of my experiment: On July 17th I decided to stop taking Benadryl to help me sleep. That same night I had an odd astral experience that was not as bright and happy as I would have liked, but it was astral nonetheless. I decided to cut caffeine the next day since I felt it may not be helping either. The next two nights I had vivid dreams, all focusing on what I had asked to focus upon prior to bed.

Then there was last night, er well early this morning at around 4a.m. to be exact. I had awakened for the third time to use the bathroom and was cursing my bladder. I was also thinking, "I guess waking up frequently is not really helping" in reference to my guide John telling me that my sleep patterns were helping me. I was not in a "bad" mood but I was not thinking positive happy thoughts either. I wanted to go back to sleep but felt wide awake. I persisted anyway. My husband had fallen asleep down stairs and I had the bed to myself. I was enjoying sprawling out across the middle and thinking, "This is nice".

Buying A House

The next thing I remember is being in a conversation with my husband and his brother. We were discussing houses. My brother-in-law (BIL) had just bought another house and we were discussing a house my husband and I viewed recently. I saw in my mind this old, white house. I remember thinking it might be haunted but there was no memory of it or proof of it. I saw in my mind this nice, old white house, like one would find in those sleepy little forgotten towns you pass through on your way to a big city. It was well cared for by an older couple who was very nice and hospitable to my husband and me when we visited. As we were discussing BIL's new house, we got to talking about my sister and her troubles. I was talking about what we could do with another house and thought it might be nice to allow her to stay there rent-free to help her out. There was discussion about how this may not be a good idea. Also, my husband said, "We bought the house" and surprised me. I was shocked and said, "When?" because I couldn't remember when we sat down to fill out all the paperwork and signed it to make it official. He told me he got the key after we got back from our vacation. I then thought about how the house was likely sitting there abandoned. We couldn't use it and it only made sense to let my sister use it. In my mind I could see the house abandoned and going into disrepair. Then I thought about how it might look with my sister in it and thought that she would likely take her boyfriend with her. Then I saw the house not looking so good and knew that my sister would not pay the electric bills or keep up the yard. I was sad by this thought.

As if thinking about her brought her out of my dream, my sister came running by with another person (a child I think). She was smiling and moving quickly wearing a blue/gray jogging suit. I noticed that her hair was cut neatly in a bob and I told her, "I like your hair!" She said, "Thanks!" and then went out the door for a jog. The child ran after her. I remember thinking how odd it was that my sister was going running. She didn't run! I then began thinking how the house we bought could be good for her. She could live near a town and get a job and do well for herself. I walked down the hall of the house I was in as if to gauge the distance she would have to walk. I walked past several rooms and then realized the white house we bought was much farther away and she would not be able to walk into town.

Abandoned House, Trashed Yard

The dream shifted and I was viewing the white house after it had been lived in by my sister and her boyfriend. I was viewing it from above but had no feeling of flying. I saw a yard that was fenced and saw things strewn about. Some of it was trash, other things were just pieces of yard furniture and pots and stuff. I remember thinking they must have a dog. Then I saw this monkey (chimpanzee maybe) wandering about. It was large, about the size of a six year old child. It had dark fur and was throwing things about in the yard. It was standing on a red brick patio heading towards a swing set. I realized the chimpanzee must be making a mess of the the yard.

I continued to go around the yard. I looked at the houses next door and headed to the other side of the yard. I saw an old baby swing sitting near the house amidst some other yard debris. The yard was chaotic and I was becoming lucid.

Depressed Scene in the Rain - Astral

As I became more lucid, I got closer to the ground. I eventually was walking along the brick path I had previously seen. I ascended some old, nearly rotted stairs. I remember thinking the place had really been allowed to go to pot.

I opened the door to the house and found myself standing in this single-wide trailer. I felt as if I had been transported there. It was very real. I could feel the wooden floor give under my weight and I looked down and saw that it was warped and swollen from the rain, though it was stable enough to hold me. The roof of the trailer was practically nonexistent and I could feel the rain pelting me from above. I remember looking up through the roof and seeing the rain coming down. I then remember thinking, "This is not a dream". I felt as if I had been in a coma for a long time and suddenly awakened to this alternate reality. It was so surreal. I just stood there feeling the rain coming down and observing the scene. I knew I was OOB and dreaming but I didn't feel like I was. I felt as solid as I do now.

I walked across the floor of the dilapidated and wrecked trailer that had once been a beautiful, old white house. Everything around me was being soaked by this pounding rain. As I stood on the stoop of the steps of the back door of this trailer I thought briefly "I will get wet" but, as if realizing this was a dream and I couldn't get wet, I shrugged it off and stepped outside. I then briefly thought, "I should fly" and then reconsidered. Something told me I was being shown something important and I needed to stay. I looked up at the sky again. It was gray and the rain was still coming down hard. I really didn't like the place I was in and I wanted to get out of there and find a nicer place, a happier place. I saw my brother's tan pick-up truck parked on the other side of a chain linked fence. I figured it was how I had initially gotten there so I decided to go to it and drive away.

My vision blacked out as I walked along the path towards the parked pick-up on the other side of the fence. I remember feeling the gate, opening it and then feeling the truck and opening the driver's side door. I briefly felt inside to make sure no one was there and then climbed inside. I remember my vision coming back at this point as I strained to see the steering wheel. As my vision fluctuated, I saw the inside of the car briefly and then saw vivid colors and streaks of color. I knew I was about to head back to my body. I didn't resist. I saw what I came to see.

Post-Astral

I felt the familiar heaviness of my body and lay there with my eyes closed as my energy settled. I kept my eyes closed for a while and heard a voice say, "Don't cry". I knew that I had been discussing my sister and that what I experienced was the reality of her situation. The place I was in was like her mind. I also knew that at one point in my life I had dreams about my own reality where I was in trailers with uneven floors that moved and swayed. Never did they look like this, though. It was really sad and I felt sad for my sister. What despair she must be in!

I also felt elated for successfully going OOB! I thanked my guides but they were eerily silent.  I asked what I could do to not keep having this depressed OBEs. I got no response but eventually heard that I needed to share the experience, that I would get help then.

As I got up and went about my day I began thinking of contacting my sister, specifically sending her an email. I saw her a couple of days ago and she seemed angry or irritated. I don't know if it was at me or life. I didn't much care. I decided long ago to wait until I saw that she was ready for help, real help, not handouts. In my mind I was going over how I would word my email. Then I thought that I just needed to forget about it. It would not be a good idea for me to get involved. I don't want to be pulled into her dreary, drama-filled life. I may write her or contact her, I haven't yet decided though. We will see.

Just to go over the symbolism of rain as it was so prominent in my OBE. To see and hear falling rain indicates sadness or crying and can also symbolize forgiveness and grace. To get wet (which I must have but don't recall feeling wet) indicates cleansing. Seeing or watching the rain can indicate fortune and love. During my experience I really was interested in the rain the most. I could hear it, feel it and it was like it hitting me was natural and okay. Afterward I seemed to want to reach out to my sister. So, the symbolism of the rain seems fitting.

To see a chimpanzee suggests that what was thought to be true is likely not and warns one to not over think an issue. It makes me wonder: What am I missing that I need to know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory of Between Lives

The Only Way Out, Is Through

Answers in Dreams